Happy Monday! I want to share with you a really easy recipe that can be made for a healthy + quick breakfast before you head out the door — literally the best homemade granola ever. I got this recipe from my mom, and it contains no refined sugar like you would find in the typical boxes at the supermarket (plus this is far less expensive!) A batch of this will last you several weeks. Just keep the granola in an air tight container. See below for the full recipe and hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Momma Kris’ Granola
- 8 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup agave nectar
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- ½ cup toasted pumkin seeds
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Put oats in large mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in microwave then add oil, honey, agave nectar, salt and vanilla. Stir together and then pour mixture on to oats and mix thoroughly.
- Pour granola onto two large rimmed baking sheets and spread in an even layer. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, stirring several times while baking.
- Add almonds, pumpkins seeds, flax seeds and dried cranberries.
- Let cool completely and enjoy!
P.S. You can buy oats and nuts in bulk at many supermarkets to save even more money! 🙂