Happy Monday! I want to share with you a really easy recipe that can be made for a healthy + quick breakfast before you head out the door — literally the best homemade granola ever. I got this recipe from my mom, and it contains no refined sugar like you would find in the typical boxes at the supermarket (plus this is far less expensive!) A batch of this will last you several weeks. Just keep the granola in an air tight container. See below for the full recipe and hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Momma Kris’ Granola
- 8 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup agave nectar
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- ½ cup toasted pumkin seeds
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Put oats in large mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in microwave then add oil, honey, agave nectar, salt and vanilla. Stir together and then pour mixture on to oats and mix thoroughly.
- Pour granola onto two large rimmed baking sheets and spread in an even layer. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, stirring several times while baking.
- Add almonds, pumpkins seeds, flax seeds and dried cranberries.
- Let cool completely and enjoy!
P.S. You can buy oats and nuts in bulk at many supermarkets to save even more money! 🙂
Definitely going to try it.
Love this!! <3
This sounds delicious!!
yesss i was waiting for this.
Do you stir the mixture on the plate in the oven?!
Thanks for the recipe!! I’m excited to try it.
I take it out for a few seconds to stir 🙂
Have to try this, sounds delicious. Thanks for the recipe!
looks amazing 👌
I love your content Lauren! Especially that it covers a wide variety of topics and interests that we can all relate to. I would love to see a post on how you stay positive and deal with negativity and hate from social media and what would your advice be for other young women who feel are being bullied or criticized just for being themselves?
Love this idea and think it’s a great discussion topic!
I’m still waiting on this 😉 😊😊
Can you substitute olive oil for the canola oil? Thanks!
I would stick with Canola or Coconut but if you try it let me know how it is:)
Hello Lauren! I am very interested in what your daily/weekly diet looks like! Also your workout regimen! I have noticed your videos lately and you are looking GREAT!
Thank you in advance : )
Yummy! Thanks for the recipe beautiful! 😘
This recipe looks delicious!
Looks delicious and so easy! Thanks for sharing!
I’ve never tried to make my own granola, but it’s way easier than I had thought!
Can’t wait to try it! 🙂
This sounds delicious can’t wait to try it out!!