Today, I want to share with you one of my all-time-favorite salad recipes ever. It is so easy to make and prepare, as well as it is delicious! I don’t really have a specific name for this salad (well, other than that it’s the “best salad ever” hehe) but I promise you it is delicious! If you don’t like some of the ingredients below, feel free to opt out of some of them and substitute with whatever else you prefer. See below for the full recipe and I hope you enjoy this dish!
- 1 avocado (ripened)
- Organic Honeycrisp apple (peeled)
- 1 bag of Organic Kale/Spinach Mix
- Organic Celery
- Organic Grilled Chicken
- Dried Cranberries
- Sliced Almonds
- Goat Cheese
- Cranberry, Walnut & Gorganzola Salad Dressing
- Grab 1 ripe avocado and 1 peeled apple.
- Grab 1 bag of a salad base/mixed greens. I used Trader Joe’s Cruciferous Crunch Collection, which has a mix of kale, brussels sprouts, broccoli, green and red cabbage.
- Pour the bag of mixed greens into a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the peeled apple into little pieces and throw into the mixed greens.
- Chop a handful of celery into little pieces…
- …And throw into the mixed greens (and honestly, put however much you want in your salad).
- Cut the ripe avocado into half. Then scoop out the insides and cut into pieces, and then add into the mixed greens.
- Cut some grilled chicken into little strips and throw into the mixed greens.
- This is what the salad should look like so far…. (don’t worry, you’re more than halfway there!)
- Add in a handful of dried cranberries for some extra flavor!
- Add in a handful of sliced almonds.
- Grab your favorite goat cheese.
- Add in a handful of goat cheese for some more flavor (again, put however much you want in your salad).
- Top it off with some Cranberry, Walnut & Gorganzola salad dressing and pour as much as you need. I bought this one from Trader Joe’s.
Now enjoy the salad and pair it with your favorite glass of wine!
Definitely trying this out! This looks delicious <3
Yum! I’m going to try this! Thank you!
Yummy! I’m making this salad for sure! Thanks for sharing💕
Yum. Great salad for dinner. Going to Trader Joe’s this weekend. May need to do a few tweaks. I’m on WW and down 28 pounds
This salad looks outstanding!!! I love that salad blend from Trader Joe’s. Honestly, cannot stand huge pieces of lettuce! I can’t wait to make this! I might just make my own dressing though. I have this meyer lemon vinaigrette I found online that would pair perfectly! xo
P.S. I usually sub raw honey for sugar just to make it a bit healthier, but agave could work as well.
Did you break up with Ben?
That salad looks delicious, thank you for such a great post Lauren!
That salad looks so yummy, thank you for such a great post Lauren!
Looks delicious! Can’t wait to try it.
This salad looks incredible, I can’t wait to try it!!!
On a side note, Lauren, your blog is great and your fashion sense and social media presence couldn’t be better. I admire the way you carry yourself, with grace and class. can’t wait for more cooking, fashion, beauty, and interior designing posts. please know your fans love you immensely – Praying for peace during this transition. the best is yet to come!
You’re so sweet, thank you <3
Why do you need ” a bag of salad” when you are creating a salad, confused…
Yum! I need to try this!
Pinned! I’m 1 week away from living near Trader Joe’s again (OMGosh I can’t wait. Closest one right now is 3+ hours away), and this is #1 on the list. Thank you for sharing! ❤️
P.S. Your website is gorgeous. So clean and inviting. Thanks for inviting us into your lovely (online) home!
Wine makes any salad yummy!!! 😉 Looks delicious, love Trader Joe’s! Their sea salt dark chocolate almonds make a great dessert too!
Definitely going to try this! Sounds so good!
This salad seriously is the best ever, I just made it last night and loved every bite!